Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT & Native widgets

> By way of graphic example, compare just one tiny dialogue as generated
> by Eclipse of today with a properly styled and worded version for
> GTK/GNOME:
>
> http://www.stanford.edu/~snickell/eclipse-dialogue.png
> http://www.stanford.edu/~snickell/native-dialogue.png

Just want to add that this example is very special. During development of
release 2.0 there were a problem with exactly this dialog (usecase). If you
perform an action 'delete' we all know that there will pop up a dialog asking
'Are your sure?'. But the dialog presents another topic, 'Do you want to
delete, the resources as well? To get the attention of the user it was decided to
use the checkboxes, as it look unexpected.

--
Best Regards,
Martin Möbius

Back to the top