[platform-swt-dev] Version 0808 of SWT for MacOS X

Hi,

A new version of the SWT for MacOS X/Carbon plugin is available at the bottom of the SWT Developer resource page:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-home/dev.html

It is available in two formats:
- Eclipse_2.0.dmg.gz
  contains a Carbon application and two Mac-specific plugins.
You will have to add the standard Eclipse 2.0 release to get a working Eclipse 2.0 for MacOS X.

- SWT_for_Carbon_Plugin.dmg.gz
contains just the SWT for Carbon plugin that has changed since my original 0703 release.
  Just copy the plugin in the plugins folder of your Eclipse 2.0 application.

Remember that the MacOS X of Eclipse 2.0 is still 'experimental' so be prepared to loose work... However, I'm using it for all my SWT development work on MacOS X, and it seems robust enough to get 'real work done'.

Whats new in this version 0808
- works on Jaguar (6C115) and 10.1.5
- added font smoothing
- fixed Device.getBounds & Devive.getClientArea. Now window sizes are persisted correctly.
- Implemented Carbon color icons for menu items, and push buttons
- fixed autoscrolling
- implemented 16-bit direct color support
- implemented disabled and gray icons
- fixed disabled icon labels
- implemented native Cursors (used in Sash and StyledText)
- fixed lots of other small issues

Have fun,
--andre

Back to the top