[platform-swt-dev] OS/X: install fails in interesting way.

I built a much earlier version of Eclipse successfully
but this time I have an interesting issue:

- Unpack the archive, mount the disk image and copy its contents into
   a folder 'Eclipse 2.0' on your hard disk

[snip]

- Open the context menu on the aplication 'Eclipse 2.0' and select
   'Show Package Contents': the application opens as a folder (the 'bundle').

- Drill down to 'Contents/Resources/Java' and copy the contents of
   the previously opened folder 'eclipse' into the folder 'Java'

What is interesting here is that when I open the copy of
Eclipse 2.0 on the hard drive and look at  "Package Contents"
I see only an empty folder.

BUT if I open the original "Package Contents" of the Eclipse 2.0
on the disk image, I can see all sorts of stuff.

Somehow my copy fails silently.

Mysteriously, I have the same phenomenon with the
July 3 and 11 releases and I have tried downloading
them afresh, exactly the same issue:  the download
looks fine and I can look at Eclipse 2.0's Package
Contents but if I copy to disk I get the same empty
Package Contents.

As I write this, I am concluding that somehow
my iBook is in a state where it cannot copy
packages from a disk image to a folder...
why?!?

Any hints gratefully received -- I'm the lone
Mac developer here in an office full of Wintel
machines....

    /t
--

http://loopNY.com ......................An "open loop": shows every Saturday!