Re: [platform-swt-dev] OS X version, now and future

Ideally to build the mac port, the following would need to be done:

   release into org.eclipse.swt.carbon the dll, and a build script or
   build.properties for compiling the swt.jar and packaging the fragment.
   I've attached an example build script slightly modified from the one in
   org.eclipse.swt.win32.
   org.eclipse.core.resources.macosx fragment would need to be created on
   dev.eclipse.org.
   release the static files into the org.eclipse.platform.macosx.carbon
   plugin (see attached).  An entry for these files would not be required
   in the build.properties.
   an entry in the org.eclipse.releng/swt.map file for the
   org.eclipse.swt.carbon fragment and an entry for the
   org.eclipse.core.resources.macosx fragment

(See attached file: org.eclipse.swt.carbon.zip)(See attached file:
org.eclipse.platform.macosx.carbon.zip)

The alternate option for building the mac port  is that we use a tarball
and build script you provide to us.  The tarball would need to contain the
dll and swt.jar specific for mac.  For this option, a url to the tarball is
all I would require (alternately, I could also use ftp to retrieve this).
I would not check out any projects from the dev.eclipse.org repository.

I believe building from projects in dev.eclipse.org is the best option.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed and how I can assist.

Sonia

                      Andre Weinand
                      <weinand@xxxxxxx>              To:       platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                       cc:       "Sonia Dimitrov" <Sonia_Dimitrov@xxxxxxx>
                      platform-swt-dev-admin@        Subject:  Re: [platform-swt-dev] OS X version, now and future
                      eclipse.org

                      07/25/2002 04:36 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-swt-dev

Sonia,

>For now, an url to a tar such as the one you sent us earlier will work
>fine.  I will need a pre-built dll however, since our build process does
>not compile non-java code.

Does this mean that whenever I build a new SWT dll and release it into
the 'org.eclipse.swt.carbon' project you will pick it up for the next
build?

Is the same true for the tar file containing the MacOS X application
bundle?
Should I release it into the 'org.eclipse.swt.carbon' project too?

Thanks,
--andre