Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT/GTK and Gnome Summit

Yes. The thing is though, from the point of view of the SWT team, we are trying to do something reasonable, which we *have* been able to implement on other GUIs, which is turning out to be extremely difficult in GTK. We're looking for either better ways to implement this in GTK (it wouldn't be the first time we missed something obvious) or improvements to be made in the GTK code base to support the kinds of things we are trying to do. After all, there's nothing which would inherently "blow that to hell" between frigging with the Z-order and double buffering. The widgets simply need to know when to recompute their buffers.

McQ.

Seth Nickell <snickell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

07/18/2002 12:29 AM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev