Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X Port

The "cluttered OS class" is cluttered by design on every platform.  Until a
cross platform uncluttering strategy is devised, it probably makes sense to
follow the "cluttered OS class" pattern.

Steve

                      Martin Sturzenhecker
                      <msturzen@xxxxxxx>              To:      platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      platform-swt-dev-admin@         Subject: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X Port
                      eclipse.org

                      07/15/02 05:28 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-swt-dev

Hi Andre,

in my constant struggle to get a working Tree/TreeItem implementation
based on Carbon´s DataBrowser I came upon 2 things:

1) When I run the fileviewer example the fileviewer-window doesn´t
receive focus. Can you tell me why?

2) In order to manage all the different enums and its constants
available, shouldn´t we adapt a kind of emulating enums and encapsulate
groups of related Items together?
A small example:

public final class kDataBrowser {
             public static final int NoItem = 0;
             public static final int TextType = OSType("text");

             //...
             //... enums don´t have methods!!! ...
}
This approach could help cleaning up the cluttered OS class.

What do you think?

martin

Back to the top