[platform-swt-dev] New version of SWT for MacOS X

Hi,

A new version of the SWT for MacOS X/Carbon plugin is available at the bottom of the SWT Developer resource page:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-home/dev.html

It is available in two formats:
- Eclipse_2.0.dmg.gz
  contains a Carbon application and two Mac-specific plugins.
You will have to add the standard Eclipse 2.0 release to get a working Eclipse 2.0 for MacOS X.

- SWT_for_Carbon_Plugin.dmg.gz
contains just the SWT for Carbon plugin that has changed since my original 0703 release.
  Just copy the plugin in the plugins folder of your Eclipse 2.0 application.

Remember that the MacOS X of Eclipse 2.0 is still 'experimental' so be prepared to loose work... However, I'm using it for all my SWT development work on MacOS X, and it seems robust enough to get 'real work done'.

What's new:
- fixed bugs #19568, #21412
- fixed a problem with menu shortcuts and activation:
  shortcuts should work now everywhere without any special 'tricks'
- added a better 'generic file icon' as a replacement for a file's system icon
  (which I still don't get from the Finder).
- removed more WNE code and switched to 'real' Carbon Event handling

Have fun,
--andre

Back to the top