From: Mike Wilson [mailto:Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 11:36 AM
To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [platform-swt-dev] patch for gtk2 binding

SWT needs to be a first class citizen w.r.t. GTK. We definately want to use native widgets whenever they are available/compatible and remove all possible uses of deprecated methods. It seems to me though, that there are still some cases where there is a disconnect between the SWT and GTK programming models which can only be resolved by using deprecated methods. [Silenio/Boris: True?]  If we find that this is unavoidable, we would likely need to get some of these things either un-deprecated or equivalent functionality added to GTK.

Back to the top