Re: [platform-swt-dev] Eclipse for MacOS X: updated Readme

Andre and others who replied,

Thanks for the very prompt reply regarding the JRE configuration problem!

The new instructions work great -- I'm up and running in Eclipse 2.0!

I don't think that we can thank Andre enough for his pioneering efforts to bring Eclipse to Mac OS X. I've been following this effort from the beginning and must say that Andre has done a lot for us Mac OS X users!

Thanks again Andre!

Pat Podenski

PS: Eclipse 2.0 seems to be quite solid on OS X. I see some minor UI rendering anomalies, but overall it seems fast and very clean. Quite unlike any Swing application that I've run on OS X. One of the better Swing applications I've run on OS X was DBVisualizer.

DBVisualizer seems to be fairly reasonable in its UI behavior, however Eclipse 2.0 is leaving it in the dust from the UI performance perspective. Clearly DBVisualizer does some very nice things for database access, but I could definitely see where a plugin in Eclipse would be even better. This is what Netbeans does for database access.