Re: [platform-swt-dev] Eclipse 2.0 for MacOS X

Hi,

Everything went fine here. Thanks ;) Do I still build the swt library from Project Builder?

Of course not, I'm selfhosting for some time now. Here's how:

- Check out SWT and SWT Examples from the Eclipse repository
- in the resource navigator rename the .classpath_carbon file to .classname
  (Eclipse will build SWT for carbon)
- to run an example application set the JRE in the Launch Configuration dialog
  to the (fake) JRE 'SWT_JDK' (see Readme file) and press 'Run'

Or, to export the dll and swt.jar files:

- drill down to 'Eclipse SWT PI/carbon/library' and select make_carbon.xml
- from context menu 'Run Ant...' on the default target
- the dll and swt.jar are exported to the export folder 'export'
  on the same level as the Eclipse application.
- copy both files into the org.eclipse.swt.carbon plugin.
(Tip: since I want to test the dll and swt.jar with Eclipse, I have a copy of Eclipse on my disk and two symbolic links from the files in its org.eclipse.swt.carbon plugin to the files in the export folder. With this setup I can edit/compile/build dll and jar and start the target Eclipse withoiut having to copy files).

Hope this helps,
--andre

Back to the top