Re: [platform-swt-dev] Adding Motif for Mac OS X to CVS

On 15/6/02 9:13 pm, "Jim White" wrote:

> Channing Walton wrote:
>> I am still trying to get this to work and still get the
>> NullPointerException when setting up the VM no matter what I try.
>> Has anyone managed to get this to work?
>
> I followed Andre's "Add VM" instructions (Step 4):
>
> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-home/Read
> me
>
> I get the NPE, but the VM is added, so that may be relatively benign.

In my case the VM isn't added :-(

> How are you dealing with the Motif repainting problems?  Do you have any
> workaround for that?

Sadly not, I just resize the window. In the case of the preferences pop up I
open the tree, close the dialog and open it again which gets the tree to
draw properly.

> I have not downloaded Andre's Mac OS X sources, so I don't know whether
> he has any patches there for non-SWT code.  You might want to try that
> and let us know what you find.
>
> You should check the bug list and probably open one there.  Some items I
> found that may be related:

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Channing

Back to the top