[platform-swt-dev] Re: Help on HP-UX?

Mike, Sri-
Not sure whether this is related, but I had similar problems with the help
system on AIX.  The help system worked with a running browser, but could not
launch a browser.

I discovered two requirements for this to work on AIX:
1) Netscape had to be on the PATH of the shell that launched Eclipse (you
   probably already knew this)
2) The Netscape on the path must be either the executable itself or a symlink
   to the executable.  No scripts!

In my case, the Netscape on the path was a shell sript that eventually called
the executable.  Apparently Eclipse uses the return code of the executable for
something or other, so a script will not work.

Hope this helps-
John

 Mike Wilson wrote:

> Any guesses as to why?
>
> McQ.
>
> On Tuesday, May 28, 2002, at 05:16 PM, Sridhar Bidigalu wrote:
>

>      If the netscape is already up and running, the help contents are shown.
>      if not, it fails to execute a new one and in listing the help contents.
>
>      -Sri
>
>      Sridhar Bidigalu wrote:
>
>      Nope! looks like, I forgot to look into testing the HELP system. I tired,
>      same results.  I will investigate and post any results.
>
>      Thanks!
>      -Sri
>
>      Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> I wasn't able to get our HP-UX box configured to open a web browser for
> .html files, so I couldn't do any HELP testing on HP-UX last test pass. Did
> anyone else who was testing HP-UX test the HELP system?
>
> McQ.

Back to the top