Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X port

The Mac port is not going to be "production quality" for R2.0. I wish I
could say otherwise, but none of us, Andre included, has time to do the
required polishing between now and then.

Having said that, the intent is still to get Mac drops posted in the same
"early access" mode that gtk1x was put up originally. It doesn't make sense
to do this though, until we have at least an end-to-end process for
creating a Mac drop from components in the respository. This doesn't have
to be a self-hosted solution, although obviously that would be desirable.
Anybody who wants to take a stab at this part of the problem should feel
free to do so. Otherwise, you are waiting on Andre and/or me to have enough
time in the R2.0 test/fix cycles to do it, which may mean it will take a
while.

McQ.

                      "Mark Phippard"
                      <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         To:      platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      platform-swt-dev-admin@         Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X port
                      eclipse.org

                      05/21/02 09:59 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-swt-dev

Mike,

How does the Mac port fit in with the current Freeze schedule?

Will Mac builds start showing up on the download pages?

Thanks

Mark

    Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxx
    Sent by:                                 To:
    platform-swt-dev-admin@eclipse.o platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
    rg                                       cc:
                                             Subject:        Re:
                                     [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X port
    05/21/2002 09:32 AM
    Please respond to
    platform-swt-dev

Now that we finally have the code released into the open source repository,
we should keep it up to date. If you have fixes, you can send them to
either Andre or me to get them released. Andre is still a better answer,
since he understands the code better than I do, but either of us will work.

McQ.

                     Martin Sturzenhecker

                     <msturzen@xxxxxxx>              To:
platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

                     Sent by:                        cc:

                     platform-swt-dev-admin@         Subject: Re:
[platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X port
                     eclipse.org

                     05/21/02 09:23 AM

                     Please respond to

                     platform-swt-dev

Hi,
both jobs sound interesting.
So what I will do is this:

 i) Update SWT/carbon
ii) Implement native Carbon Tree

I`ll let you know if the first point is ready.
Maybe, someone else could do the second point in the meantime?

I´m glad, I can do something to get this thing running, even if it´s not
the Cocoa port :-)

Martin