Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X port

Martin,

Where can I find the plugins from 20020416 or 20020418 ?
These releases can´t be found on the download page.

The M5 build is 20020416.
20020418 does no longer seem to be available.

How can I help porting SWT/carbon to teh most current version?
I´m a java programmer and do not know much about the Carbon API.

Just get the latest version of SWT and replace all non-Mac specific
files in Projectbuilder by their new version (there is a list at the
end of the Mac port's README).
For all files that have been ported to the Mac do the following:
Compare the latest (motif) version of a file with the 0416 (M5)
version of that file. If there are changes, apply and/or port the
change to the MacOS X version.

If all this sounds too difficult I have another suggestion:

You can help implementing a native Carbon Tree.

Right now I'm using the generic (pure Java) Tree (from the Motif drop).
To implement the native Tree under MacOS X I would start with the (native)
win32 version of the Tree and comment out all the OS.xxx calls.
Then I would replace these calls with their Carbon counterparts from the
DataBrowser until a sample like the FileViewer works.

I did this already for the List, which is based on the DataBrowser too.
So much of the DataBrowser's API is already available via JNI.

Let me know if you are interested...

Thanks,
--andre

Back to the top