[platform-swt-dev] Re: [platform-ui-dev] Re: Proposed accelerator change: using Ctrl+Shift+B for build

Please investigate ways that this can be supported on all platforms which
Eclipse runs on and report your results to the platform-swt-dev mailing
list. Our current belief is that this can not be done while maintaining the
use of the native accellerator/mnemonic mechanisms.

McQ.

                      stori@xxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                       To:      platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      platform-ui-dev-admin@         cc:
                      eclipse.org                    Subject: Re: [platform-ui-dev] Re: Proposed accelerator change: using Ctrl+Shift+B for
                                                     build

                      05/17/02 09:59 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-ui-dev

I'm working on the LPEX editor, which has various key profiles (emacs and
others), independent of the Eclipse settings (emacs or other).  The
capability of giving a window a chance to process keys before menu
mnemonics should be generally available, not hacked for a specific case.

                    Nick_Edgar@xxxxxxx

                    platform-ui-dev-admin@e       cc:

                    clipse.org                    Subject:     Re:
[platform-ui-dev] Re: Proposed accelerator change: using
                                                   Ctrl+Shift+B for build

                    17/05/2002 09:21 AM

                    Please respond to

                    platform-ui-dev

For our emacs keybinding support, the editor should get the key before the
menu mnemonic (we are going to extreme measures to whack the mnemonics and
accelerators to support this).
Do you have a case where this is not so?