[platform-swt-dev] The Carbon is almost there!

Hi,

McQ wrote:
In case anyone attempts to catch up to the HEAD stream and notices that there are massive changes going on, I just wanted to note that I have just started pushing out Andre's Mac OS X port to the open source repository.

Currently, _IT_DOES_NOT_WORK_ because I am pushing all the bits out to the standard places for SWT, and not the current ProjectBuilder shape.

Don't expect to catch up to the head stream and be able to do anything useful except browse code until I have finished hacking everything. I'll let you know when it's worth trying it.

You have been warned.

Wooow! Mike, very cool...

I just started 'Eclipse on MacOS X'(from my last drop), added a CVS connection
to dev.eclipse.org and checked out the projects 'org.eclipse.swt' and 'org.eclipse.swt.examples' into an empty workspace. I renamed '.classpath_carbon' to '.classpath' and I had to setup the JRE manually via the preference dialog. After a 'Rebuild All' I had a single problem in FileViewer.java: the class Program was missing. Since I had started a Carbon based implementation of Program.java in 33000 feet above the atlantic ocean (flying back from WWDC 2002), I just copied the file from my ProjectBuilder project into the appropriate SWT folder and did a 'Refresh' from the Eclipse context menu. The error vanished and I could launch FileViewer... OK, Eclipse switched to the debug perspective and a walkback appeared on the console because it could not find the swt dll....

But anyways, since my new Program.java fixed the problem in FileViewer, I decided to make my first submission from Eclipse on MacOS X: I 'Synchronized with the Repository' and commited Program.java without any problems! So you should be able to find it in the repository.

So now we only need an Ant script to build the SWT-dll and copy it to the right place: then we're self hosting on MacOS X!

--andre

Back to the top