Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X drop dialog box problem

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andre Weinand" <weinand@xxxxxxx>
To: <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac OS X drop dialog box problem

> >  I then decided to play a bit and noticed that
> >the dialog boxes don't let you click on them only hit the enter key to
make
> >them go away.
>
> This problem hasn't been reported on this list because it is already
> mentioned in the README (section: 'Known Problems').
> The problems seems to have occured after I changed event handling
> from WaitNextEvent to the Carbon Event Manager.

Sorry, I didn't make it down that far in the readme.

> >What info do you guys need?
>
> If you want to help just try to fix the problem ;-) (in Display.java).
>
> BTW: do you know how to setup the default event handler (menubar
> tracking etc.) for the ApplicationEventTarget if you cannot call
> RunApplicationEventLoop.
> In this case I don't get them for free. Maybe I could
> RunApplicationEventLoop just for one event so that I can hold onto
> the NextEventHandler...

Ooh, I don't know enough about OS X programming yet to be of any help in
that area. I am just getting back into doing Objective-C stuff (old NeXTer -
still have it too =). Once I get some free time (sometime next week), I can
poke around though. Same for above.

How are patches handled for this?

-warner