Re: [platform-swt-dev] Latest (5/5) OS/X build fails.

Hello from WWDC 2002,

I had no trouble with the previous build but this one fails
to compile under ProjectBuilder.

I made several attempts to get this to work, even upgrading to
PB 2.0 beta, but I still get the same puzzling error:

Hmmm, I downloaded the latest build and had no problems in building it.
I did not change anything in the build structure since the last drop.
So I don't know what the problem is.
However, someone at WWDC mentioned that he could not build SWT after he had
upgraded to the 2.0 version of Project Builder. Are you sure that you tried to build
SWT with the 1.1.1 version (the only supported version)?

I just tried this from home. I seemed to get past doing the build&run in PB, but after following all the other steps I ended up with something which would just start and then exit immediately... could just be I got one of the steps wrong, or had a bad download, but I too would like to see a precompiled version.

I talked to some Eclipse "users" here at WWDC and they had no problems in building and installing the 0505 drop. So this problem does not seem to be a fundamental problem. Have you tried to start with a new workspace?

Is it not possible to have a precompiled version ?

Since it is software, everything is possible :-)

I too would like to see a precompiled version.

Sure, I could produce a precompiled version.
However, I don't think that I have to do everything ;-)

In addition, since Eclipse on MacOS X is not yet ready for primetime, I don't see an urgent need for having a version that runs without any additional work. I would rather like to see people being able to build SWT for MacOS X themselves. Maybe this could enable others to help out out in finding the reason for then above mentioned problem.

I also suspect that the changes in the build process which put the version number in the plugin directory name are going to make this process even more painful.

I haven't looked at the current SWT structure recently.
Is this something I'm doing wrong in my 0505 drop?

--andre

Back to the top