RE: [platform-swt-dev] Scrollbar doesn't allow negative values.

I cannot add a fixed offset because the region is NOT finite.  (Well, I
supose it's MIN_INTEGER).
The workaround would have to be to create a new offset every time I update
the extent (and thus minimums) of the freeform area, and then substract
this offset from the "selection" returned from the Scrollbar during user
scrolls, so 0 becomes 0-offset.

Also, I have to update all of the values on the scrollbar all the time,
even if just the "minimum" is changing, since really the minimum can't
change, it's always 0.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Jeff Brown"           |
|         |           <j9brown@math.uwaterloo|
|         |           .ca>                   |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-swt-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           05/06/2002 09:27 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-swt-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                            |
  |       To:       <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                  |
  |       Subject:  RE: [platform-swt-dev] Scrollbar doesn't allow negative values.                            |

... I expect the answer to be of the form: "Platform XYZ does not support
it
natively."

Since you're planning on using a scrollbar, I assume the region to be
scrolled is of a finite size.  Why not just add an offset?  Think of
setMinimumValue() as a convenience method that unfortunately does not apply
to your scenario.