[platform-swt-dev] New drop (0505) of SWT for MacOS X

forwarded message from Andre follows...

McQ.

-----------------cut here---------------------------------------------------

The latest drop (0505) of my 'SWT to MacOS X' port is now available
on the SWT Development Resource page:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-home/dev.html

You can find it at the bottom of the page (In order to download the archive sucessfully in IE on a Mac you may have to press the option key).

This is the version that I will demo at Apple's WWDC 2002 in San Jose:
http://www.eclipse.org/events/wwdc2002/wwdc2002.html

Whats new:
- various fixes to better support running Eclipse
  (M5 or 20020418; later versions may work too, however I didn't tested them).
  See below how to get Eclipse up and unning on MacOS X.
- switched event handling from old style (WaitNextEvent) to the new Carbon Event Manager based one.
  as a result move, enter, exit & hover events work now
- tooltips
- better font support: sizes and styles
  some SWT controls now use the small system font
- more GC drawing functions work now
- reworked ToolItem

Next goal:
- demoing Eclipse on MacOS X at Apple WWDC 2002

See you there,
--andre

Back to the top