Re: [platform-swt-dev] Need workaround for Windows Tree

I don't see the focus problem you describe on XP (using a SWT.MULTI Tree)

I guess I'll just add a public API to my TreeViewer telling it to ignore
Selection changes in itsTree.  That way, something will still get selected,
but it won't forward to the Graph view.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Steve_Northover@xxxxxxx|
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-swt-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           04/30/2002 10:50 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-swt-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                            |
  |       To:       platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                  |
  |       Subject:  Re: [platform-swt-dev] Need workaround for Windows Tree                                    |
  |                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                            |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Sorry, this is what the Windows tree does.  I tried stopping it once way
back when
and didn't succeed.  Even if we stopped the "free selection on delete",
when the
tree gets focus, if no item is selected, you get a free one.

                      "Randy Hudson"

                      <hudsonr@xxxxxxxxxx>            To:
platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                        cc:

                      platform-swt-dev-admin@         Subject:
[platform-swt-dev] Need workaround for Windows Tree

                      eclipse.org

                      04/29/02 10:25 PM

                      Please respond to

                      platform-swt-dev

If I have a Windows Tree with absolutely nothing selected, disposing a
TreeItem causes that Item's parent or one of its siblings to get selected.
Can this be prevented?

For GEF, this problem was recently worsened by the fact that when the
selection changes in the Outline, we are now *scrolling* to the same object
in the graphical view.  This is a great feature when the user causes the
selection, but not as a bogus side-effect.

The graphical proximity of objects don't match their outline proximity, so
the graph view is jumping around randomly when you do a delete.

You can reproduce this in the JDT by selecting a member in the outline view
and doing a delete.  The enclosing TreeItem (The declaring class) gets
selected, and the editor is scrolled to the beginning of the Type
declaration, jumping from wherever it was.