Re: Re: [platform-swt-dev] Some questions for the SWT developers

You will find other places where SWT is "restricting and inflexible" compared to AWT. In every case, these restrictions represent actual, physical constraints placed on us because of our focus on efficient use of the platform widgets. Please try to work with SWT for a while. I believe you will find that the clear separation of o/s level issues from your application code (i.e. the fact that you have to deal with the o/s at *its* level when you are working with SWT, but you can build any abstractions you want on top of it) is one of the significant benefits of SWT.

McQ.

dr_seltsam@xxxxxx

04/22/2002 08:52 AM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev