Re: [platform-swt-dev] Graphical View ?

This *should* be a newsgroup question, but I'll take a shot.
The Graphical Editor Framework might solve your problems.  It is available
currently through Websphere Workbench, a free download from IBM's website
(somewhere, I don't know where).
Look for this framework to be made available in other places soon (I hope).

We will be adding zoom support soon.

-randy

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Joannides, Arnaud     |
|         |           (CAP, CMF)"            |
|         |           <Arnaud.Joannides@gecap|
|         |           ital.com>              |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-swt-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           04/10/2002 10:56 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-swt-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  [platform-swt-dev] Graphical View ?                                                                                         |
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                                                             |

We begin development with SWT.
We need to present in our application a graphic view of a network.
This view will include icons to represent servers and lines to represent
links between servers.

We would like to offer the user the possibility to zoom in/out the view and
move icons on the view.

We would like to know which SWT class to use for the view (ViewForm, Group,
Composite, ... ).
This class would contain all the icons and links and would offer some basic
operations on the view.

Is there any JFace class that would be better to use ?

Thanks in advance

Arnaud Joannides