Re: [platform-swt-dev] FocusGained, but in which direction

I didn't say it always makes sense.  I just need to know about the times
when it does make sense, and it can be undefined during other cases, much
like the "button" field on MouseEvent.

I am trying to implement accessibility, which is why I need to know the
direction.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Veronika_Irvine@xxxxxxx|
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-swt-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           04/08/2002 03:48 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-swt-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                   |
  |       To:       platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                      |
  |       cc:                                                                                                         |
  |       Subject:  Re: [platform-swt-dev] FocusGained, but in which direction                                        |
  |                                                                                                                   |
  |                                                                                                                   |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

The traverse event tells you which direction the traversal is going to be
(event.detail == SWT.TRAVERSE_TAB_NEXT etc).  The focus event does not have
direction because direction does not always make sense - what if I just
click on a widget to give it focus, what direction was that? - what if
focus was set programmatically?

   "Randy Hudson"
   <hudsonr@xxxxxxxxxx>                 To:
   Sent by:                     platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   platform-swt-dev-admin@eclip         cc:
   se.org                               Subject:
                                [platform-swt-dev] FocusGained, but in
                                which direction
   08/04/2002 12:32 PM
   Please respond to
   platform-swt-dev

When my Canvas receives focus, I need to know if the user was possibly
doing a Shift+TAB to set focus on my Canvas.  The reason being that my
Canvas has its own focusable regions, and I need to traverse them in
Front-to-back or back-to-front order, depending on the traverse event
(which I can do).  However, the arrival of focus seems to not have a
direction, so I have to always start at the front even if the user is
trying to TAB backwards.