Re: [platform-swt-dev] no background on GTK

Bob,
Transparent *Peers* are not supported in AWT.  Transparent components are
faked in AWT/Swing using lightweight peers, which are not real OS controls.
Somewhere in the component's parent chain is a Component with a heavyweight
peer, which *is* opaque.

Steve,
VA-Java ran on AIX.  VA-Java painted lightweight "handles" on top of native
heavyweight components via a special GC on a composite that painted on top
of its descendants.  I believe this is what most people want (I'm not one
of them).  Of course, this never worked perfectly because those descendants
might randomly paint, erasing the handles.

Is there a round analog clock program for Motif?  Can a Motif Shell have a
"mask" of depth 1?

Back to the top