Re: [platform-swt-dev] status of cvs for Mac OS X port?

I noticed that WorkbenchWindow is putting a separator at the top of your
screenshot that used to separate the Toolbar from the Menubar.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Andre Weinand          |
|         |           <weinand@xxxxxxx>      |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-swt-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           04/02/2002 03:57 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-swt-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                          |
  |       To:       platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Re: [platform-swt-dev] status of cvs for Mac OS X port?                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                          |
  |                                                                                                                          |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

>I saw some activity a couple of weeks ago on the eclipse.org cvs
>server that indicated that 'mcq' had added a folder hierarchy for
>Mac OS X carbon support. Does anyone know the status of this?

A brief status update:

Last week I got Eclipse up and running on the MacOS X port of SWT
(see attached screen short).
I can import, edit, and build JUnit and most of Eclipse's
functionality works, albeit with small glitches and UI quirks.

Erich Gamma gave a demo of an early version of this work at JavaOne.

Because of this I decided to prioritize the demo work for JavaOne
over the effort to get the port into CVS.

I'm planning to get my code into CVS soon. However, I would prefer to
become self-hosting first :-)
Working with the CVS setup from within Eclipse would be much simpler....

--andre

#### eclipse.jpg.1 has been removed from this note on April 02 2002 by
Randy Hudson

Back to the top