[platform-swt-dev] The temp macros

An illustration of a point I made in the "GTK2 Rules".

The accessor macros that are missing in the current GTK version, and which we want in a future GTK, are added _in the JNI layer_ so that the main bulk of code has the "permanent shape" (i.e., thinks GTK already has them).  To see what I mean, look at FileSelectionDialog rev. 1.3 tagged "Use temp macros".

Yes, this is a deviation from the general SWT rule, but it's for having fewer lines of temporary (wrong) code vs. more.

Back to the top