Re: [platform-swt-dev] MacOSX port - good progress!

Can you point me to how I can get the MacOSX version of Eclipse?

Thanks,

Shantul.

There is no MacOS X version of Eclipse yet.

However, I'm porting SWT to MacOS X.
I made a new drop available last week.
Here is the posting from last Friday:

The latest drop (0307) of my 'SWT to MacOS X' port is now available
on the SWT Development Resource page:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-home/dev.html

You can find it at the bottom of the page (In order to download the archive I had to press the option key).

The archive contains a Project Builder project with almost all of the SWT sources, my Carbon/JNI files and a sample program. You can just press the Build & Run button in Project Builder and after two minutes a sample app called 'Eclipse' should appear.

What's new:

- two Shells... :-)

- Menus: hierarchical menus, popup menus (try left click on Tab 'Canvas'), and menubars (which are installed in the Mac's menubar on window activation).

- a native List based on Carbon's cool DataBrowser widget.

- a native TabFolder (the emulated TabFolder is still there as TabFolder2).

- Group, Slider, ProgressBar, new Button styles, Label

- I've removed almost all C-code from OS.c and moved it to Java-land

- I moved most (non-native) helper functions from OS.java to their corresponding widget implementation. The Carbon event loop now lives in Display.java.

Next goals:
- real Mac context menus
- Images, Bitmaps
- GC.setClipping
- ToolBar, ToolItem
- getting more of the standard SWT examples running
- setting up an Open Source CVS site for this port

If someone wants to contribute to these items please let us know!

In this case the most important work item is probably the last one: 'setting up an CVS site'...

--andre

Back to the top