[platform-swt-dev] Running ControlExample example program fails under HP-UX

Controlexample hangs in the XFillPolygon call of the JNI code .
In order to confirm on the Display, Drawable and the graphic context,
I tried to use the XDrawLines() API, this works fine. So it guaranteed
me on the Display, Drawable, GC and the points.

Controlexample popups with the arrow buttons on the tabstack
drawn with lines rather than a filled polygon.

I also tried to debug the problem using the JNI debugging procedure
listed on the HP website.

http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechDocumentDetailPage_IDX/1,1701,2

732,00.html

But, it does not really work, i.e. will not not give me any more
than what I have in the JNI code, it hangs in the XFillPolygon.
Giving the break point at the JNI-XFillPolygon, I was able to reach
the break point, but gdb will not list the debugging code or cannot
step thru. the code. Invoking "next" would basically will continue with
the execution.

I have gone thru. the code of TabFolder.java manually, where it calls
the GC.fillpolygon and draws the arrow. I haven't really gone thru.
debugging the code using "jdb".

Any suggesions on the above or better debugging ideas or any
specifics of the SWT to look at, will greatly help. Thanks!

-Sri

Back to the top