Re: [platform-swt-dev] Hello

I realized after I wrote that message that it sounded like I was trying to get rid of you. :-)

I'm not. We're happy to have you around, in particular if you want to help out on the Mac port. We haven't gotten very far with this yet. Andre Weinand has done some Carbon based work which you can find off of the SWT component developer resources page. He previously tried using Cocoa and believes that Carbon is more liklely to succeed. I'm sure he can say more about it.

I know that OTI has done some work on a PalmOS port of SWT which they are using internally to implement the MID-P lcdui classes. I'm not sure what the plan is for making it available via eclipse.org (or even if ther is one). That's something I'm hoping to find out more on next week when I meet up with the lead develoepr.

McQ.

Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxx

02/12/2002 10:30 AM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev