[platform-swt-dev] SWT for MacOS X

Hello,

Mike Wilson has just installed the latest drop of my 'SWT to MacOS X' port
on the SWT Development Resource page (thanks Mike!):

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-home/dev.html

You can find it at the bottom of the page (In order to download the image I had to press the option key).

The archive contains a Project Builder project with almost all of the SWT sources, my Carbon/JNI files and a sample program. You can just press the Build & Run button in Project Builder and after two minutes a sample app called 'Eclipse' should appear.

The sample shows only the StyledText and the (emulated) Tree widget. I've picked these widgets because their implementation touches many important areas of the SWT implementation. In a future version of this port the Tree will be replaced by the native Carbon tree.

My SWT port to MacOS X tries to adhere to the SWT philosophy:

- almost no code and no logic in the C portion of the JNI implementation.

- only minimal changes to the SWT source code (of the Motif version).
  Otherwise keeping up-to-date with SWT would become a problem.
  In addition I didn't want to throw out code (and semantics) too early.
  If I didn't understood an implementation detail of the Motif implementation
  I commented it out so that I have a documentation of what is still missing.

- most of the port is confined to four classes in SWT's internal package.

- no introduction of an additional hierarchy of 'peers': SWT uses Carbon controls
  via handles.

OK, that's all for today...
--andre

Back to the top