Re: [platform-swt-dev] Project Builder is a pain.

Hey,

On 12/27/01 11:05 AM, "Mike Wilson" <mcq@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just spent a couple of hours attempting to wrestle SWT into a Mac
> ProjectBuilder project without success. :-(

I use Eclipse at work all day and it's really painful to have to use Project
Builder at home.  The build process isn't very intuitive and I haven't spent
too much time trying to figure it out.  Here is an interesting example that
does the JNI stuff for you as part of the build:

http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/Sample_Code/Java/JNISample.htm

> I'm starting to think I'll have to mount a volume from my XP machine to
> the Mac and cross-develop using Eclipse.

I think this approach will probably the way to go.  I tried using Eclipse
with Virtual PC (NT 4.0) on my TiBook and it was unbearably slow.

Has anyone tried to get the GTK version on OS X yet?  I may waste some time
this weekend to see if it's feasible.  Failing that I'm going to fix up an
old Windows machine and use Samba to share volumes.

-Maurice

Back to the top