Re: [platform-swt-dev] GTK Tree is done

Well we are actually not quite there yet.

One interesting API question left unspecified in the javadoc - and I don't recall any discussions about this inside the team - is whether the item height is the full y-distance between the top edges of nth and n+1st rows, or just the actual item height.  Steve's change for getItemHeight() breaks the tree editor through TreeItem.getBounds() being inconsistent; for now, I just changed TreeItem to match what we have in Tree.  This makes the editor look slightly taller than the item, but it's placed correctly.  After we formalize our definition of item height, it will become automatically clear if this is the correct look.

I am looking at a bunch of other problems, including losing focus (very recent, not sure which change caused this), and the very annoying selection border and selection hightlight being out of sync most of the time.  Anyone knows what's the difference between the hightlight and the border?  (I better ask on the gtk list, right?).

@
12/13/2001 06:15 AM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev