Re: [platform-swt-dev] GTK in CVS

Steve_Northover@xxxxxxx writes:
> The only time we reached into GTK 1.2 stucts was when we were
> screwed and couldn't get it though API.  Again, I pine for GTK 2.0.
> I'd love to throw this code in the garbage.  Unfortunately, we can't
> ship until you ship.

Regarding that I think the key question is when you are planning to go
production on your GTK port. The GTK 2 API is frozen, the ABI is not.
So, you can't ship on GTK 2 now, but you won't have moving-target
issues if you port to it. The ABI-frozen release is planned for
Jan/Feb, and will likely make that, but I would not _depend_ on it.

Believe me we are eager to ship. ;-)

Havoc

Back to the top