Re: [platform-swt-dev] GTK List is done

Steve_Northover@xxxxxxx writes:
> First off - it's fortunate that I don't care about building Eclipse!

Heh - welcome to another open source cultural mainstay - long mailing
list arguments of dubious value. ;-)

> I did search Google for gtk_clist_moveto()to find out what people were
> saying (Google also searches groups) but couldn't find a discussion of the
> suggested work around.  It's a pain of course, leads to "duplication of
> state"
> and probably flashes - wait till it's visible, then scroll.  So, I'm going
> to hold off
> on the work around in SWT for now but keep the suggestion in mind.

I'd suggest doing the moveto in response to the "map" signal, but
connect _after_ to that signal. i.e. gtk_signal_connect_after(), not
gtk_signal_connect(). That should work reasonably well.

> Do you know the exact reason it fails in GTK?  For example, on Windows,
> way
> back in 3.11, the text widget had this bug and it was related to the size
> of the widget
> (a zero/small sized widget did not know how to scroll).

I don't remember exactly; CList is just a rat's nest of code - methods
tend to have odd side effects or preconditions. It was wholesale
replaced for 2.0 (new widget added alongside, CList remains for back
compat of course).

Havoc

Back to the top