RE: [platform-swt-dev] GTK in CVS

Title: RE: [platform-swt-dev] GTK in CVS

> GTK has a ton of infrastructure to support custom C glue code, but is
> very unfriendly to the "no glue code" approach to using it from other
> languages. ;-) java-gnome is probably the right solution; I'm not sure
> if it does the "thick" bindings using proxy objects so you can derive
> new widgets in java - if so that will add overhead, but if not there
> should be no efficiency issue.

Just to keep you up to date the java-gnome bindings do now build
under GNOME 2.  They are far from complete but are getting closer
every day.

What doesn't work
* The signal mechanism isn't working properly.  Should have this
fixed in the next day or two.
* Not all of the new widgets have been added at this time.
* The examples and documentation haven't been updated

What has been added
* Much of the Pango bindings are complete
* The beginning of ATK support
* Wrappers for many of the glib types
* Some of the new classes

I am currently working my way through the GTK libraries.  By the
end of this week I hope to have the GTK bindings synched with
GTK 2 and the signals working.

-Jeff

Back to the top