Re: [platform-swt-dev] Re: Mac port: Status Update

Maurice,

Can you clear something up for me?

When I read through the Cocoa docs, I see two things:  the Java Frameworks
(Application Kit and Foundation) and the Java Bridge.

As I understand it, the Frameworks are a complete implementation of Cocoa
represented as Java classes.

The Java Bridge is a technique you could use to access your own Objective-C
classes from Java, sort of like JNI.  So, unless you were going to write
some Obj-C code, you would not be using the Java Bridge.

You frequently refer to the Java Bridge, so is the issue, that the Java
frameworks use the bridge internally as a way to call the existing Obj-C
frameworks or are you actually using the bridge yourself?

Thanks

Mark

Back to the top