Re: [platform-swt-dev] GTK in CVS

Havoc,

> one of the issues with AWT peers
> was that fixed doesn't let you control
> stacking order easily

This is a separate problem which caused us lots of grief implementing
Control.moveAbove()/moveBelow().  It's currently broken, and I just don't
know what to do about it.

> Re: whether fixed is fixed, I need to understand
> better in my mind what the current Eclipse issues are

The relevant spots are UtilFuncs.setLocation()/setSize(), Control.setBounds()
and the guys it calls, and Control.computeSize().  The basic problem is that
widgets in SWT want to have full control of positioning, and use no help from
GTK's layout containers like the GtkBoxes.  The GtkFixed doesn't quite leave
the children alone, and set_uposition / set_usize don't fully work -
uposition because you can't have a negative orogin, and usize because it
screws up the child's notion of requisition.  We solve this by using the
set_usize on a bin whose only function is to hold the child - the child
expands to occupy the whole bin, so always stays the right size, and is still
able to answer the requisition when we want to computeSize().

Boris

Back to the top