Re: [platform-swt-dev] GTK in CVS

HP>> Simple custom widget
SN> I was hoping that we wouldn't have to do this.
SN> SWT contains no custom C code, only wrappers
SN> for operating system calls.

Well the custom widget idea was kind of unrelated to custom C code.  The idea
was of course to write the thing in Java, like everything else in SWT.  Back
when I first faced the "jumping widgets" problem, the state of the SWT/GTK
world was "1% limping 99% unimplemented", so my objective was to get
something at least running at all, so I could look at the other major areas.
Therefore, right now it's implemented the fastest (brain economy) way, not
the best.  We are just lucky that we were able to come up with nifty hacks so
it works *correctly*, but some day I would go out and decide I am now angry
enough at all the extra handles, and do something better about the jumping
(like - maybe - catching the resizes on the fixed (the Composite's parenting
handle) and stopping the emission??)

Back to the top