Re: [platform-swt-dev] Mac port: HelloWorld3

Mike,

On 12/4/01 10:15 AM, "Mike Wilson/OTT/OTI" <Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how this would map to the existing Eclipse code base.
> Presumably, you would have some reasonable default menu. (It's title could
> come from Display.setAppName().) Certainly, up front at least, Eclipse
> wouldn't be populating this menu although down the road API could be added to
> configure it.

My thoughts exactly.

> One issue I see with this is that, Displays also do not equate to
> applications, since (despite the javadoc comments) it is definately possible
> to have more than one. I believe we support at least this pattern:
>       Display d = new Display();
>       d.dispose();
>       d = new Display();
>       d.dispose();
> on all platforms. In some cases, it's also possible to have more than one
> display active at once (although this isn't guaranteed to work everywhere).

Supporting your new->dispose->new->dispose example could be tricky because
of how NSApplication.terminate() works.  It will actually terminate the
attached VM.  There is probably a solution, but I'm not going to beat my
brains out on it just yet.

My highest priority right now is to get the issue with using the
Notification Center solved.  I have an open question on the Apple mailing
lists concerning the status of JavaBridge and what gotcha's are there with
using it.  I sure hope it's something I'm doing wrong.  I donĀ¹t want to have
to hear a bunch of people yell "I told you so!"  ;-)

-Maurice

Back to the top