Re: [platform-swt-dev] MacOS X port status?

> If I can call you McQ, you can call me Mo.  :-)
Thanks, Mo. <grins>

> To get an Open Source project going you need to kick it off by having at
> least a good chunk of working code.  The current SWT code base is a good
> start, but more than that and the little BlackMoon example needs to be ready
> before going all out.  Without at least the Widget hierarchy and Events in
> place, the project would be total chaos try to manage in an Open Source
> manner.  (The chaos comes from having many different developers from many
> different backgrounds and limited communication facilities.  Without
> something in place to lead the way, everyone will go off in a hundred
> different directions at once.)

> Here's my plan.  Once we get HelloWorld5 working at 100% with a clean
> design, I think the project will have all of the show stopping issues
> addressed (see Andre's past emails for the list).  It will then be time get
> utilize a CVS repository because it will then be possible to turn individual
> developers loose on trying to get the controlexamples and the other sample
> applications to work.
Sounds fine to me. Are you sure you aren't interesting in being the port lead. ;-)

Just so you know, I agree that it doesn't make sense to worry about the status of the project until the "exploratory hacking" phase is over. If I sounded like I was pressuring you (the group), it's because I *am* actually keen to see this happen and my enthusiasm is leaking out.

> Did you buy that Mac yet?  :-)
I'm down to deciding between going the cheap route and getting an iMac or springing for a laptop. It occurred to me that carrying the laptop around would give me more opportunities to work on it.

McQ.

(p.s. It's what you get when you pronounce "MIKEW")

Back to the top