Re: [platform-swt-dev] MacOS X port status?

Hi,

I really don't know why it's not working for you.  I downloaded the code
last night (to make sure I had the same version), opened the project in
Project Builder, and clicked "Build and Run".  It worked.

I assume you are using 10.1.1 and have the 10.1 developer tools installed?
Yes, I use 10.1.1 and 10.1 developer tools.

I guess I know now where the problem is.
I couldn´t build the project with the .pbproj file found in your Blackmoon.tar.gz. When I attempt to build the project, the build tool says it wasn´t able to build the files in /Users/maurice/.... I couldn´t change the install path (probably the path is hardwired when you create the project), so I created a project (Pure Java) of my own, imported the files into this project and added the cocoa packages to the classpath.
This way the compile is OK, but no cocoa windows show up.
With what kind of project-template did you create Blackmoon?

I would prefer to use any Cocoa facilities that we can rather than having
Java code to maintain.  This may not always be possible due some of the
runtime behavior of SWT that Andre mentioned.

I'm planning on at least trying to map Cocoa events to SWT events and
possibly using the Cocoa Notification Center for listeners. I'm not 100%
sure it will work, but I won't know until I try.  :-)
Do you want to use the inner class approach you mentioned in an earlier post? Making Event SWTEventObject subclasses of NSNotification would enable us to treat SWT events like Cocoa Notifications. But then we have to supply the API of java.util.EventObject in SWTEventObject to ensure compatibility.

martin

Back to the top