Re: [platform-swt-dev] swt on solaris(x86)

> Alain,
>
> Yes, this mailing list is exactly for the kind of questions like yours.

Noted, thanks.

> Yes, the Motif source that you get when downloading the Motif/Linux
> version, should compile and run fine on Solaris.  We only tested it on
> Solaris/SPARC, and would be very interested in knowing whether it works on
> Solaris/86 (I see no reason why not).
>
> If you want to give it a shot, just download the Linux version, recompile
> the Launcher and the shared lib, and enjoy.
>
> We are going to put out a binary build for Solaris tomorrow, but it will
> be sparc binaries.

OK, I got it to run, on solaris:

# uname -rs
SunOS 5.8
# /usr/local/j2sdk1_3_1_01/bin/java -version
java version "1.3.1_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_01)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1_01, mixed mode)
# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X/lib PATH=/usr/local/j2sdk1_3_1_01/bin:$PATH ./eclipse-sol

1) java 1.3.1 sdk(Sun)
2) rebuild the launcher
3) rebuild libswt.so

I now can move forward.

Question:
Will there be a move to auto{conf,make} the process?
It's not a priority on my list but .. just want to know
if there's thought on this to make bootstraping easier if
distributed in src form.

> Boris

Back to the top