Re: [platform-swt-dev] gtk port

If you want to run a standalone SWT application you do not need the platform-launcher - this creates the eclipse executable which simply brings up a splash screen and launches Eclipse via a java command.

If you just want to hack around SWT - you only need the swt library and the swt jar.  Look at the project org.eclipse.swt.

For examples of simple standalone SWT applications, look at the project org.eclipse.swt.examples.

In answer to the various questions you have raised:

The splash_full.xpm and splash_basic.xpm are not part of the "platform-launcher" or anywhere else in CVS - they are added in by the guys who package up the build.
You can get a copy of the files by downloading the linux motif eclipse SDK and look in eclipse/splash.

The build.properties are read by an eclipse plugin which produces from them an ANT script and then ANT is used to build the jars and src.zip files for each plugin.

All building of the libraries (swt-win32.dll, libswt-linux.so etc) is done by the SWT team and the compiled libraries are released into the CVS repository.  The code and makefiles for these libraries can be found in org.eclipse.swt/Eclipse SWT/motif/library etc.

There are several articles about SWT on eclipse corner. See:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-home/main.html

http://www.eclipsecorner.org/articles/Article-SWT-Design-1/SWT-Design-1.html

http://www.eclipsecorner.org/articles/Article-Writing%20Your%20Own%20Widget/Writing%20Your%20Own%20Widget.htm

http://www.eclipsecorner.org/articles/SWT%20Color%20Model/swt-color-model.htm