[platform-search-dev] Search Enhancement: File Name Pattern Exclusion

Hi there,

Eclipse search currently does not support file name pattern exclusion.
The only way to exclude certain file types from a search is to specify
all the other file types in your file search scope.

I would like to propose support for the concept of "NOT" Boolean logic
within file name search pattern strings. For example:

1. If one wanted to search for content within all files in the
workspace/project except for *.log files one could simply enter
"!*.log" as the file name search patter.

2. If one wanted to search for content within all files except for
*.log and *.xml files one would enter "!*.log, !*.xml" as their file
name search patter.

3. If one wanted to search for content within *.xjl files but not
*.xml files or *.xsl, one would enter "!*.x*l, *.xjl"

I have already implemented this enhancement and I'm using it for my
own needs. I would be more than happy to submit a patch to the Eclipse
search plug-in project if there's interest in the enhancement.

S. Aden
moc.liamg[at]tsil.neda - revrs it

Back to the top