-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Maeder
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 3:52 AM

Since we have to maintain backward compatiblility, we still support the "classic" search in 3.0. At this point in time, I'm not aware of the API "rules of engagement" beyond 3.0, So I can't tell you wether the API is ever going away. The idea is, though that the new search API is where you want to be.

> so some searches come up under the "Search" window and some "Classic Search"

that should only be plugin search. Have you seen others come up under "Classic Search"?

> BTW, with recent presentation UI changes, a plug-in I wrote that uses the old SearchUI API now produces an interesting title like this...
sounds like we didn't track changes in the view part API properly. Can you file a bug report?
Thomas

Back to the top