Re: [platform-releng-dev] RCP SDK missing for 4.24

On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 4:07 PM Stefan Mücke <s.muecke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

The RCP SDK downloads are missing for 4.24 (RC2, RC1, M3, M1). Is this is mistake or on purpose? I rely on these downloads for my Eclipse-based application.

According to the 2022-06 plan, the Eclipse RCP runtime and source repositories should still be among the Release Deliverables.

https://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/eclipse_project_plan_4_24.xml

The zips are gone yes but all the content is there in the p2 repository. These arfifacts purely got no interest in them ( https://github.com/eclipse-platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator/issues/135 ) while complicated the releng process significantly. One can just use the org.eclipse.rcp and org.eclipse.rcp.source features respectively to provision whatever combo they need using p2.
Please feel free to explain in details why you can't make use of these to get better understanding what exact usecase suffers from this decision.

P.S.
The project plan is obviously smth we fail at maintaining properly so it might be best to stop doing it even. (It even says `available as versions tagged "R4_23"` which clearly can't be true).

Best regards,

Stefan