Re: [platform-releng-dev] [platform-dev] 4.15 maintenance branch

Mickael,
I'm not questioning the new release cadence, I honestly don't want to touch this topic here.

I also do not want to start discussing which politically correct way do we explain it to the people why do we have a maintenance branch. We have the maintenance branch already, just check git repositories, and nobody complained / explained this to anyone.

Also I plan to start backportimg patches *anyway*, so it was also not a question if I would do it or not.

I only want to know if the work I would do on a private branch is of interest for someone else, and if I should spend some more effort to publish it on an official branch instead on the private one, and what are rules to do so.

The second question regarding the SDK build is of course more "public" one, but it is not that important for me, I only wanted to know if there is interest for that.

For the promises about quality - well, our official 4.12 build is definitely of lower quality compared with my private one, but I've also already managed to create regressions while backporting regression fixes :). So what, there's no guarantee for quality in today's world, I believe this is what the young developers learn in the school, reading monthly security bulletins on insecure mobile phones. It's all only "best effort".

--
Kind regards,
Andrey Loskutov

https://www.eclipse.org/user/aloskutov
Спасение утопающих - дело рук самих утопающих

Back to the top