IBM Rational
EGL D Block - Bangalore, India
Office Phone No : +91 - 80 - 41776506

Inactive hide details for Lucas Bullen ---02/10/2018 01:01:51 AM---Hello, I am working towards bringing JUnit5 support for our Lucas Bullen ---02/10/2018 01:01:51 AM---Hello, I am working towards bringing JUnit5 support for our automated testing in

From: Lucas Bullen <lbullen@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 02/10/2018 01:01 AM
Subject: [platform-releng-dev] JUnit5 support in org.eclipse.test
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I am working towards bringing JUnit5 support for our automated testing in the org.eclipse.test project but have ran into an issue.

When following the JUnit5 instructions I get the error "Cannot create Launcher without at least one TestEngine; consider adding an engine implementation JAR to the classpath". The cause is that the following is unable to find any instances of TestEngine:

Iterable<TestEngine> testEngines = ServiceLoader.load(TestEngine.class,ClassLoaderUtils.getDefaultClassLoader());

Do you have any suggestions on how to ensure that the service loader is able to find an instance of TestEngine?

I have included org.junit.jupiter.engine, which contains JupiterTestEngine which implements TestEngine, as a required plugin. I have tried adding a direct path to the jupiter.engine jar in the project's .classpath. I have tried creating an instance of JupiterTestEngine witihn the same file and it is created successfully, but still no TestEngines found by the service loader.

Further info/links for this question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48672051/junit5-platform-launcher-api-cannot-create-launcher-without-at-least-one-teste

--
Lucas Bullen
Software Engineering Intern