[platform-releng-dev] Pom-less builds

Hi,

Many bundles in Platform have trivial pom.xml so the build could be made pom-less; however many bundles also have customization that would make it necessary to keep their pom.xml.
Another issue may be related to the definition of parent in Platform repo: most artifacts do use the pom.xml of parent directory as parent (fine), but IIRC some other do reference parent differently. For the later ones, the best thing would be to fix parency so it matches filesystem layout.
But overall, I agree using pom-less build where it's doable would make things simpler for maintainer and new contributors. Moreover, that doesn't seem very risky with our cool build infrastructure, and can be done by small steps.

Back to the top